Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Pet Peeve: DO NOT Put Runtimes Inside Your Own Name Folders

paganeagle2001 opened this issue on May 05, 2013 · 24 posts

DanaTA posted Sun, 05 May 2013 at 5:23 PM

Until recently I haven't had Poser.  But even though I now do, I still prefer to look at things.  I can't count how many times I've had something below the Runtime folder in a zip that was not correct, like an extra Runtime, or an extra Content folder.  Or sometimes everything is in the main zip with no folders at all.  I use IZArc, which is totally free, and I can look at anything in there without unzipping the files onto my hard drive.  Lately, I've gotten into the habit of drilling down to the sub folders of importance, like Libraries/Pose and drag the folder under that to the Libraries/Pose in my Runtime.  Drag and drop is an easy feature to use.  Most archivers have it, I think.  I've had too much crap that I couldn't find when I unzipped it blindly, so I take extra caution now.  I always look at it.  Some sources are trusted and I'll just unzip it, pointing it to the Runtime that I want it in.  I have one for DAZ content, one for Freebies not from DAZ, and one for Paid items not from DAZ.

Unfortunately for newbies, they don't have this knowledge, so they blindly unzip and trust that it worked right.  Then often find out that it didn't.

Dana