Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT- Photoshop to go cloud only

ypvs opened this issue on May 07, 2013 · 106 posts

Tarkhis posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 3:14 PM

Paloth - simple, because Adobe, Microsoft and others can't profit off that pipeline between your computer and functionality.  So even though 2 TB drives are now becoming common (as well as cheap), they tell you you really need to store your data online... and pay the privilege.   What's even crazier is the number of people who fall for it.   Shane may be right, this may be how the future goes, at least with major software companies.  Doesn't mean we have to accept it quietly.

My suggestion, drop a note to CNN or whatever news network you watch.  They get a few dozen emails from disgruntled former Adobe customers they may take an interest.  If this became a PR nightmare for Adobe, they likely back off... particularly if it impacts sales and their stock value because ultimately for Adobe (and others) that's what this is all really about... money.

They'll claim its about fighting piracy, but that's bull.  Yes, piracy is a problem for all of us.  But Adobe made $4.1 BILLION last year... you'll excuse me if I have trouble shedding any tears for them.