Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT- Photoshop to go cloud only

ypvs opened this issue on May 07, 2013 · 106 posts

hornet3d posted Wed, 08 May 2013 at 4:00 AM

There was a mobile service provider (Europe) who, last year decided to offer points to is Pay As You Talk customers for every top up.  A lot of users did not know how to collect the points which required a text to be sent to particular number.  If this was not bad enough, to spend the points you had to register 'on-line' and needed an email account.  The customer service staff in the shops then spent a lot of time setting up email accounts just so people could spend the points.  Even the local librarys got fed up with the numbers they had to try an help.

My guess is the whole idea was thought up by a wizz kid who never imagined that so many people were not on line.  Company line was that they were doing it to encourage people to get connected.  If they thought it worked they want to look at the numbers of people who came back the next time they wanted to spend points.  Most could not even remeber their email address, or their password, even though it was wriitten down by the staff at the time.  The reality was they did not need to be connected and never used it until they wanted to spent points, about twice a year.

OK I know that very few of these, if any use Photoshop, but it is very easy for the techies in large companies to forget many people do not use the Internet or have such a slow connection that using the Internet is very limited for them.  I know I am old fashioned but such people should have a choice.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.