Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT- Photoshop to go cloud only

ypvs opened this issue on May 07, 2013 · 106 posts

hornet3d posted Wed, 08 May 2013 at 3:12 PM

I think the fact that the term "The Cloud" is banded as around so freely is part of the problem, yes you can use the cloud for data storage, cloud computing (where I understand the software is remote but your data is held locally, although this may vary).  Neither of which Adobe is promoting at the moment.

There have already been some problems with certain compananies going bust which means that the subscribers have lost access to thier data.  I am not saying there are not good companies out there but they all claim to store your data at a secure, secret location, which you have to take on trust, otherwise it would not be secret.

I do not store my data in the cloud, I do keep regular backups and at two locations which I trust more than any large faceless company.  If people want to use the cloud, fine, and they should have that choice, but it is not for everyone and I feel those who have problems with it should have the choice also.

As for the idea it will stop illegal use well, any security made by man can be broken by man.  The justification for it is simple, it makes money in a way easier than it has in the past and that is the only benefit the bean counters want.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.