Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT- Photoshop to go cloud only

ypvs opened this issue on May 07, 2013 · 106 posts

Cage posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 8:54 AM

This sort of thing troubles me.  Say you're a graphics artist and you lose your source of regular income and need to rely on freelancing using your home software.  A monthly fee in such a situation could lead to deactivation of the software you need, in order to make money, because you don't have enough money at the moment.  You already need to maintain a (perhaps over-priced) connection to the internet, in such a case.  What if you rely on other software suites beyond Adobe, too, and they go to they same model?  Doesn't seem like a good situation.  The tools you need could become unreliable or unavailable just when you need them most.  :unsure:

But personally I still use a cheap copy of PSP 7 from 2000.  :lol:  I have Photoshop and Illustrator, never used them, didn't even bother to load them onto this most recent computer.  As long as Poser doesn't start charging monthly rent, I'll be happy enough.  I've gone through periods where I couldn't even afford an internet connection but was still able to turn to the software on my computer to help me cope with a bad time.  To have everything stop working would be just rotten.  I'd have to fire up that old Toshiba laptop and use outdated software.  :scared:  Or, you know, just go read a book, or something.  :unsure:  :lol:

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.