Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Need JCM assistance, trying to add a second JCM to a figure

Cariad opened this issue on May 14, 2013 · 10 posts

Cage posted Sat, 18 May 2013 at 12:17 PM

Ghost actors with no geometry can cause all weight maps associated with that actor to be dropped.  I am wondering if something similar could be happening with the ERC.  :unsure:  Seems unlikely, but I guess it's possible.

If an actor has no geometry, the cr2 can be edited to give it some proxy geometry.  You can, for instance, just copy the geometry pointers from the standard ball prop pp2 file, pasting that in for the problem actor.

Quote - prop ball_1
{
    storageOffset 0 0.3487 0
    objFileGeom 0 0 :Runtime:Geometries:props:ball.obj
}

would become

Quote - actor chest:1
{
    storageOffset 0 0 0
    objFileGeom 0 0 :Runtime:Geometries:props:ball.obj
}

(I'm not sure what the storageOffset values indicate.  Body parts seem to favor "0 0 0", so I always enter that on the storageOffset line when entering objFileGeom lines for a body part actor.  So far I've never seen any difference when the storageOffset values are varied.  That whole question is probably a different discussion....  :unsure:)

(Note to self: "code" tags no longer work at 'Rosity.)

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.