Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: the forgotten accessory of V4

DarkElegance opened this issue on May 26, 2013 · 45 posts

AmbientShade posted Sun, 26 May 2013 at 10:30 PM

Quote - And I think with female figures alone, it's a snowball effect. We all use Vicky 4 so much because she has so much content, and because she has so much content, she gets used so often.

Basically, do the lesser used figures have much content? If they don't, is that the reason why we don't use them very often?

My two cents: I think it's a combination of, 1 - females are more popular than males and 2 - the quality of the figures available to make content for. 

V4 and M4 are the highest quality figures in terms of how they were constructed, the add-ons they launched with (or that were available soon after release) and the prior reputation their predecessors had (v3/m3, v2/m2, etc).

No one has spent the time and talent in constructing figures that match or exceed the level of quality that DAZ put into V4/M4.

Every other figure - at least that I'm aware of - has had issues that make it difficult, sometimes nearly impossible, for artists/vendors to build add-on content for. From poorly constructed UV maps, to rogue verts, to bad rigging, to no morph sets, to a-symmetry making it difficult or near impossible to construct morphs for, to - more recently - additional body parts intended to "help" with rigging causing rigging clothes to become even more of a nightmare. Or simply bad geometry/topology or the lack of topology sufficient enough for detailing muscles, etc. Every figure outside of daz has fallen victim to one or more of these issues. 

So really, I think that's what it all comes down to. If there were other more professionally crafted figures that were as versatile from the get-go as the daz figures have been, and that actually utilize the rigging features poser contains, then there would be much more variety in the marketplace.

~Shane