Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What is the fitting room in Poser Pro 2014

strongbear opened this issue on May 28, 2013 · 9 posts

Fugazi1968 posted Wed, 29 May 2013 at 12:20 PM

Tis a mervelous thing in my opinion, I've played with it extensively.

How much of an advantage is it over what we had before in Poser Pro 2012? I know there wasn't anything like this, but aren't most people using dynamic clothing anyway?

**Sales wise dynamics are still way behind conforming clothes, so I think conformers are still the most popular. **

It is a whole new world for Poser users though, you can convert conforming to dynamic, dynamic to conforming, either style can be converted to a different figure.  It also transfers morphs from figures into clothing, which is very good indeed.  It's given me some very good results indeed, some of the best in fact.   It isn't perfect though, but still very powerful indeed.

How does it improve previous conforming clothing?

I'm not entirely sure it improves conforming cloth itself, though it extends your wardrobe.  Because you can convert clothing from one figure to another, so buy something for one figure, then you can convert it for use with your other figures.

I'm sticking to the word figures because I've experienced issues with morph transfers from V4 into a refitted clothing item.  I understand they are working on that though (Smith Micro that is)

I guess there isn't a feature in PP2014 that allows automatic adjustment of dynamic clothing yet, rather than having to reclothify the object all over again everytime you want to use a new pose? 

Dynamic cloth works the same way as it has always done, so no major update there.  The fitting room itself won't really help (though I'm having an idea that might work).  However the Soft Body Dynamics may be able to help a little with dynamics, though I need to do some testing on that.

What are people's thoughts on the fitting room?

**For people who make content it's great, I can't explain just how good it's going to be to me :)  It will be a godsend to Poser artists who will be able to convert clothes from one figure to another (dynamic or conformer) and inject their favourite morphs into conformers without too much hassle. **

Though that last thing can be done without the fitting room :)

Hope that helps.

John

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D