Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why no NUDE images in market place?

amstar opened this issue on May 30, 2013 · 65 posts

amstar posted Sat, 01 June 2013 at 2:01 AM

Quote - > Quote - Nobody has answered the fundamental question as to what is actually wrong with nudity? Please somebody tell me how it is either evil, damaging to society, bad in any shape or form, degrading perhaps, exploitative, disgusting, obscene... in short harmful?? Please anyone? Perhaps a question Renderosity can't even answer in a conquest to cleanse their site of a "problem" that doesn't exist.

Until this question is answered in a satisfactory manner, I stand firm on my position.

How old are you? Do you honestly think that huffing and puffing on the poser forum is going to get your 'question ... answered in a satisfactory manner'?

Do you walk around supermarkets naked? If not, I assume it's because because you are "prudish and insecure about being human" or "hiding natural human appearance in shame" or "grossed out by nude nipples".

You may have noticed that different societies (and different groups within them) have different attitudes towards nudity. Something which is acceptable on a beach in the south of France could get you arrested in Florida. Something which is acceptable in Florida could get you arrested in some Middle Eastern countries. Something which I think is perfectly fine would shock my grandmother.

How you feel about nudity depends on your religious background, your nationality, how old you are, the era in which you grew up, how well travelled you are etc, etc, etc. So there is no single answer to "What is wrong with nudity?"

You seriously hadn't figured this out?

Rendo is a global internet company, they play safe and avoid offending the most easily offended of their customers and business partners. Some merchants might be taking that practice a bit further, or they might be afraid of the hassle resulting from falling foul of Rendo's rules.

yes I agree that different cultures deal with nudity differently, however that says nothing about whether nudity is harmful or not, unless you disagree that harm is the deciding factor

as sombody mentioned earlier to respect all cultures would mean we'd have to ban kissing as well, how much support would that get?

regarding your nude in public comment, gays in africa may be ashamed to be seen in public, does that make being gay wrong? I'm not saying everybody should walk around nude in public, but I think it's accepatble to tolerate nudity with reasonable warning, which rendosirty have done in the past, but now seem to want to stamp out

of course rendersoity can do what they like, but to me it seems like (since it used to be ok) that this is happening out unreasonable political correctness not a sound argument

and it hampers the buying experience for me as a customer here and possibly many other who don't necessarily like talking about it