Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Helping Poser Newbies

basicwiz opened this issue on Apr 23, 2012 · 560 posts

Cimaira posted Tue, 18 June 2013 at 10:57 PM

Well, I got pushed into the deep end of the pool without floaties, and I have a couple of questions. 

This is not about using Poser, but installing Poser. My old XP machine crashed, I was using Poser 7.  Well, now I have a brand spanking new machine, and OS, Windows 7.

So I have to learn not only Windows 7, but....

I'm also going to finally install PoserPro 2012, not even going to load Poser 7 on this new machine, or I wont move on, lol.

So, I've read this whole thread, and I think I know what to do, but I want to double check.

First a little info..

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7cpu

8GB ram

GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTS250

All my content is on an external drive, the only thing I had in the Poser app folder was the program..duh, lol... and scripts.

So...getting to the point. 

Can I put my Poser in C:/Programs since I put my content on an external drive.

And I don't remember, do shaders also need to be in the app folder to work? Or can I put them on my external drive?

Can I just install the 64bit app? 

Do I have to install the content that comes with Poser with the program install or can I go back and do it later?

I'll also need the SR, can I download that to any folder and run it, or does it have to be in the app folder?

Sorry to be so long winded, but I wanted to make sure I put all the info you might need to answer my questions.

I'm sure I'll be back later with questions on  using PP2012, lol

Thanks in advance!