Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

superboomturbo posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 3:21 PM

Quote - I've got a question for the crew here. I'm working on a 2 minute and change Lux animation and am about 3/4 done (its been in the works since early May; my how I could use a render farm!!). Anyhow, does anyone know a useable way to transition in-camera using the Standard Glass material and fade in to Glossy? This fifteen frame sequence has been holding up progress for about three weeks, and thus far, I haven't been satisfied with doing it in post work or through a chain of transparency modulations (still renders where the transparency/alpha channel is worked from 5% to 100%). 

My last idea is to work through several frames with Standard Glass, adding some color and moving a light off camera to make it look like the figure is coming out of a cloak device effect, then phase in the textures. I'd love to use a mix material like Blender does, but god almighty, I still really dislike Blender's UI....

Thus far its all been done with Studio--Reality 2.5--Lux and I'd like to keep the look consistent. 

bump ;-/

crimsonworx.com; free ebooks and previews

I've bowed down to facebook: https://www.facebook.com/crimsonworx