Forum: Freestuff

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

HiveWire3D opened this issue on Jun 19, 2013 ยท 4422 posts

Bejaymac posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 7:44 PM

Quote - Well, I am still concerned about the PMD thing. There is apparently no final version of inject PMD for DS4+. I 'think' that this will prevent DS4 users from getting some items from Poser only freebie makers. (I know, I am not usually concerned about DS users, but ....)
Yes, I know how to create a PMD morph, the issue is additional support for DS users.

Bill

This is what has been bothering me the most, but I've been trying hard not to sound like the bad news bear. As far as I'm concerned content making for Dawn is a one way operation, DAZ Studio to Poser, WM content can be exported with the CR2 exporter, with a bit of manual effort we can create an injectable PMD, we can create PP2 (got a script for that but I need to check it still works in 4.6), and we can even create some PZ2. The Problem is that there is no way of getting Poser WM into DS, the PZ3 importer plugin (how we get Poser content into DS) pretty much stops at Poser6 coding, so all we get is the mesh, half a rig and a pile of morphs that need to be rebuilt (an issue with how DS4 treats morphs in Poser figures/conformers).

So when you add that Poser format morph injections are useless for a Tri-Ax figure you then see why I have concerns, to get around this there is going to have to be some serious colaborations going on between Poser & DS content makers, as well as there being a seriously good set of projection templates for use in DS.