Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OBJ Import problem

Tarkhis opened this issue on Jun 19, 2013 · 30 posts

Tarkhis posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 11:28 PM

Unfortunately I was not able to download or experiment further over the weekend.  I've been pretty swamped with some other things that had to take priority.   I'm hoping next weekend to get back to it.

Mark, I agree, its probably an issue with the shadow map and small objects.  I'm still curious if I can duplicate Laurie's results with Wing's, that is, not having it happen.  If it works then I suspect there may be something different in the way Wings exports the obj format, I can't think what else it might be.  If it still happens then I wonder if it perhaps has something to do with hardware and OS (graphics card, Mac vs Windoze... I really wish I could switch to Linux, but that's another discussion entirely).

Doubt I'll solve it but I might at least zero in on what specifically the problem is.  My hope is that might be enough to get a patch out of SM fixing it.

But for now at least my shaving kit is complete and soon as I have time to do a few extra texture sets for it, I'll bundle it up and put it in free stuff.   So at least there's that.

Also this account is probably going to go inactive sometime this week.  I'm rebuilding my web site and will be setting up a new account here using the same name as the site and my twitter account just to keep things sorted.   The new username will be BardicHeart  (as in my avatar)