Forum: Freestuff

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

HiveWire3D opened this issue on Jun 19, 2013 ยท 4422 posts

vagabondallen posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 5:25 PM

Quote - Correct me if I'm wrong, but X-Dresser doesn't work on Mac, right? At least it didn't last time I checked. I know that might be a "so what?" to most of you, but it's definitely going to be a stumbling block to others. And DS autofit isn't just going to magically work, out of the box. I'm sure DAZ won't be providing the necessary bits to make it work. HiveWire has said they won't be providing what's needed themselves... so am I right in suddenly feeling there's a huge crack many (including me) are going to fall through when it comes to using existing content?

For one more week, I'm still running an old PowerMac G5 with Virtual PC7 and Windows XP, in order to access CrossDresser. It is still a Windows-based program, but thanks to the directory structure in OSX, it can properly manage the runtimes on your Mac. The same is true when I've installed Daz content from .exe installers into runtimes I access through Poser on my Mac. Next week, I get my new Mac, so it'll probably be even easier and faster to simply install Windows and work the PC-only tools that way. But even my 8-year old Mac could manage it.