Forum: Freestuff

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

HiveWire3D opened this issue on Jun 19, 2013 ยท 4422 posts

Nekokami posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 8:04 PM

Quote - It would be great if Dawn's rigging makes it compatible with anything made for V4 but the reality is that I don't see many people adapting clothing while I see a lot of vendors embracing the new figure. This market needs an alternative and the Fitting Room make it time efficient to convert clothing to the new figure. This is the first time that this is happening.

I'm a bit confused by this, honestly. I know a lot of end-users, myself included, who would want/need to be able to refit existing content to a new figure in order to make it cost-effective to use... or even just because they have an existing series of images and need the consistency. I used to use XD and WW for this, and since I primarily use Genesis now, I use AutoFit, which works pretty well for me. (I have some custom clones I've made myself, and SickleYield's improvements.) AutoFit would work just fine with Dawn in DS as she'll be a TriAx figure. I've used AutoFit on the new Horse 2. It's not specific to the Genesis line of figures.

I don't have the Fitting Room, though, and I'm unlikely to be able to afford it any time soon. So I don't know how good it is. I suppose if it's that much better than XD or WW, and can create content that will work in both Poser and DS, maybe more vendors would be willing to convert content for sale for the new figure, but many vendors I've heard from say they don't want to go back to old content, they're more interested in working on new designs. That leaves a lot of end users needing to convert content to get access to a variety of conforming items, at least early in the release.

I am still having trouble understanding how content creators will be able to make clothing that will work well in both systems, honestly. Could someone try to explain it to me? I get that you can model clothes that fit a base shape in either Poser or DS, but then do you need to rig twice, once in each program? And how do you get the morphs in for both technologies?