Forum: Freestuff

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

HiveWire3D opened this issue on Jun 19, 2013 · 4422 posts

Ameesa posted Sun, 30 June 2013 at 2:27 PM

Quote - > Quote - Hmmm...I wonder if anyone else will be pulling their items from the Platinum Club. Losing Lisa's plants was a big loss. Thankfully I had most but I had not yet gotten the newest ones. Will they be $1.99 for a period of time at Hivewire?

I think she did the best she could for us.  Her store went on sale for half price in late May. That was your cue to buy whatever you wanted before it was gone. 

Apparently, while DAZ owns most PC items, it's not true of all of them.  Lisa's items were removed from DAZ at her request, and there was nothing DAZ could do about it.  They've run into this problem in the past, and been able to purchase the entire catalog, but that didn't work out this time.

According to something I read within that thead, it seems people who are Admins for the PC can have their stuff in the PC, but elect to keep the rights to the products.  As of April, Jack Tomalin now falls under that.  Prior to April, his items were buyouts, once he took Lisa B's old position, his new PC items remain his.  Moyra also has products that are not fully DAZ owned.  Not sure about Laurie S though.

Per Jack T. " Everything that I’ve done up to April (when I took the job of PC admin) is owned by DAZ, that’s a good 400 products over 9 years"

randym77 beat me too it