Forum: Freestuff

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

HiveWire3D opened this issue on Jun 19, 2013 · 4422 posts

EClark1894 posted Mon, 01 July 2013 at 2:43 PM

Quote - My best guess, based on my observations of the markets, is that most vendors who know how to rig clothes/hair in both Poser and DS will usually package the two versions together.  I think it depends on the amount of work involved and the vendors' preferences, but it seems to me that most will choose that option.  I'm also guessing that some vendors who only know how to work in one platform will take a leap of faith and try to learn at least what they need to know to convert to the other system, asking a lot of questions to be sure they do it right and getting a lot of helpful feedback and answers from the community.  There will, of course, be some that prefer to only support one platform, and that is okay. Everyone has different time constraints going on in their lives.  I think there will be an increase in tutorials around the topic of clothing conversion from one platform to the other as a result of this. 

I'm not really a vendor, but I have recenty learn how to mode and rig clothes for Poser figures. I rellease them as freebies. But here's the thing, and the main sticking point of why Ive never used DS 4 or Genesis... I can't. My computer system wont support Studio. Think it has something to do with the OpenGL thing, but at any rate, I can't even open DS to look at the interface. On the other hand, I've havent met a version of Poser yet that my computer wont run.

So basically, if I choose to support Dawn with either freebies or products for sale, a Poser version is all I can do.