Forum: Freestuff

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

HiveWire3D opened this issue on Jun 19, 2013 ยท 4422 posts

Nekokami posted Mon, 01 July 2013 at 4:04 PM

Quote - My hypothesis:

The Dawn D|S version will be supported by the clothing vendors who currently support Genesis 1/2.

The Poser version will be supported by those Poser clothing vendors who are making clothes still for V4.

Maybe. But I suspect Dawn would have to become very popular on the Poser side first, before DS/Genesis content creators would support her, because they probably won't drop support for Genesis, and that means supporting two additional figures (Dawn Poser and Dawn DS) on top of Genesis, G2F, etc. Many of the content creators I know are already living on narrow margins. Trying to support an extra two figures is going to take a fair amount of time, and if sales don't justify the extra effort, content creators won't be able to afford it.

Saying "some content creators currently support Poser, some support DS" is true now, but hasn't been true for all that long. V4 worked in both platforms, and nearly all content would work in both platforms as well, regardless of which platform it was created in. The exceptions were dynamic clothing and hair, and some textures/shaders.

I regret the Genesis-Poser problems and wish things could have happened differently. I'm not interested in assigning blame or trying to bash one vendor or the other. I hope the rift can somehow be mended. I'm just not convinced a twin figure that requires separate rigging, etc. is going to do it, unless there's some better news the folks at HiveWire3D can give us about the content creation process.