Forum: Freestuff

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

HiveWire3D opened this issue on Jun 19, 2013 · 4422 posts

shante posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 3:30 PM

Quote - "Were these "realistic" figures done with Poser or D/S tools and availabe textures or all your own mesh work and texturing from scratch?

Those two are based on a weightmapped V3 with some scaling and custom made morphs and rigging made in ZBrush.

Textures are a heavily modified "Millenium Dollar Baby" for the face and the old, old MilGirlPT default texture for the body. (Converted to V3)

Most others are based on a weighmapped David hybrid as his default proportions are closer to "average" men and woman.

ok...you have an enviable advantage here...you are adept at mesh work and alteration to get out of prefab figures what you want. that is your idea of being an artist and i fully agree. someone like me, however, and others this poswr thing is targeted for and has beeen from the beginning,  too brain baked to wrap the dead matter between my ears around real 3d apps and functions to do that with, relies on these, to me, quite lovely and fairly functional pre made models to use to do my 3d illustration with. i'm not great but i do sell my work and have gotten published using less than "realistic" V2 figures and mostly her out of the box moph dials in poser 4.

we all have different needs and skills at our disposals by which to fulfill them. if I could do what you seem to do so well, I would. I can't so V2. V4, Dawn, etc are imporant "TOOLS" in my creative lexicon.

Also, What I learned through my 60 years as a photographer and illustrator,  is that most "Real' people are not that beautiful so trying to creat art work depicting more lovely, better formed "Manequins" (Manequin and model in French) of reality is so much nicer than doing a render using  more "relistic" models that looks like my hairy fat and bent from age and illness aunt Lena. As much as I loved her there is no room in my Runtime for her and no desire to render her in any of even my most bizarre art pieces.

Bad enough gazing upon the countenance of of REAL people in shower rooms, gyms, malls and beaches I along with many, many others really do not want or need to use thos same body types in our works unless required by a client or particular idea.

So give me Dawn with a barrage of body morph dials and well made textures to choose from and i be happier than a piggie in a Poser Poke!