Forum: Freestuff

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

HiveWire3D opened this issue on Jun 19, 2013 · 4422 posts

Cariad posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 12:27 PM

Quote - It may be a cliche that everything is easy once know it but that is with a difference.

In Poser (old-style), even if you have a master teacher like PhilC it still is difficult and takes a long time to learn.

I could model for over a year before I ever touched rigging in Poser, I was intimidated by everyone saying how hard it was , but honestly, it is a hell of a lot simpler than most make it out to be.  JCMs were my stumbling block, but even those were over come with one good tutorial. 

Are there a few basic things to remember sure.  The setup room is not a one button solution, but propogating the rumour that it is 'hard' doesn't help the community as a whole either.

Mind you I could never get rigging in DS to work right on my old machine and gave it up as a bad job, mind you that was in DS 3 with the content creation tools.  Might try again now on the new laptop now so I can make content for Dawn for both platforms. 

Back to Dawn, modeling like a crazy woman here so I have a few things ready to go as soon she is released. 

So far have a retro inspired dress and jacket almost ready to go...

A cute three piece lingerie set of the not too skimpy nature might be more if I get time

Looking into something gothy and asian/fantasy inspired next as well.  Or maybe steampunk... Steampunk could be fun...

I do hope she has some good morphs for making her curvy or fit into the classic vintage pin up style since I like curves....