Forum: Freestuff

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

HiveWire3D opened this issue on Jun 19, 2013 · 4422 posts

Guardian_Angel_671 posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 6:24 PM Forum Coordinator

Quote - > Quote - SUbject being conforming vs dynamic, conforming is fine for things like shorts pants shirts, etc.  Long skirts, don't bother, make them dynamic.  I've seen a lot of longer dresses I'd like, then saw the dirty word, "conforming".  NO sale.  About half the time, even exporting it and importing to make an obj, okay, so you made an obj, that will explode when you try to do anything with it.  A long dress that's conforming and/or has body handles, forget me. I would ten times rather spend the time in the cloth room and have it look decent than the time fighting the cloth itself as conforming, and still looking like crap when it's done.  Sitting poses are where dynamic is the only real way, as you bring the figure from the zero pose, and have pushed the chair you want her on back, you bring the chair forward and it will displace the cloth as if it were real cloth. 

Doric.

Technically you can do the same with Daz studio and the smoothing. No, its not dynamic and it won't drape with gravity. But I have set a cube under a chair and had a dress collide with it.  If i want the dress to collide with V4 AND the cube, then first I have the dress collide with V4, export the smoothed dress as an obj, import, then collide the obj with the chair.   There are various ways. 

Sometimes I have subbed out the lower part of a dress with a DS dynamic skirt/dress and made the top invisible. Takes a bit of work but DS has some ways to do things too :)

Maybe if anyone's interested I can give a mini tutorial on how I've used DS smoothing to convert clothing from very different figures (like slon, or cookie, for example!) to Genesis or V4 or a child. And how to simulate fake drapes with a bit of work.  Or sculpt it in even! :)

DS has means, I tell ya! 

I'd be interested in learning how to do this:)

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator
May the hands of fate be kind to you and yours. :)
guardian_angel_671@renderosity.com