Forum: Freestuff

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

HiveWire3D opened this issue on Jun 19, 2013 ยท 4422 posts

LaurieA posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 8:52 PM

Quote - > Quote - Well... that's nice if you have software with a cloth sim. Which I guess I do... if I want to import Dawn into Blender. Will there be a Blender version? And a way to import content into Blender that will work with Dawn?

See mcasual's DS plugins (https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts3/mcjteleblender2) for the easiest way to get from DS to Blender... for Windows anyway. I basically just export as an OBJ and import into Blender, but that's mostly because I'm on a Mac. ;)

Personal preference and all, but I much prefer rendering in Blender's Cycles engine than in DS/Poser... or even LuxRender (Reality or Luxus) for that matter. It's physics based, fast, and works better in systems that are tight on RAM, in my experience. Downside is it's still very much a work-in-progress (eg, volumetric rendering is on its way, but hasn't arrived in Cycles yet).

At any rate, I'm sure someone (as in me if no one else) will be happy to provide a tutorial on how to get Dawn into Blender.

I'm interested. I love Cycles...renders in a snap for me while Luxrender takes, oh, forever. LOL.

Laurie