Forum: Freestuff

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

HiveWire3D opened this issue on Jun 19, 2013 ยท 4422 posts

spyderbytes posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 9:47 PM

Quote - Thanks for the reminder. There are so many great tools at that site that I'd forgotten about TeleBlender. It's really just a way to render DS scenes in Blender, though, isn't it? Or do rigged figures import with their rigging so they can still be posed, conformed, etc?

My point is really that as a DS user, I don't haveaccess to a cloth room equivalent, so being told to use dynamic cloth for long skirts isn't very helpful to me.

Right. You'd have to re-rig in Blender if you want to pose and what have you there. I haven't tried it, but I suppose you COULD export to Blender, drape the cloth, then export it back to DS and conform it? You might have to do that on a frame by frame basis, though, to get acceptable results. More work than it's worth, of course, if so.

You're right: being told as a DS user to use dynamic cloth is no solution. I have my fingers crossed that Hivewire have an ace or two up their sleeves yet to benefit DS users. Otherwise, I'm afraid Dawn might end up being more of a novelty on the DS side than a must-have tool. The case for Dawn is not nearly as compelling for rank-and-file DS users as for Poser users, from what I've seen revealed so far.