Forum: Freestuff

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

HiveWire3D opened this issue on Jun 19, 2013 · 4422 posts

PrecisionXXX posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 10:22 PM

Quote - You're right: being told as a DS user to use dynamic cloth is no solution. I have my fingers crossed that Hivewire have an ace or two up their sleeves yet to benefit DS users. Otherwise, I'm afraid Dawn might end up being more of a novelty on the DS side than a must-have tool. The case for Dawn is not nearly as compelling for rank-and-file DS users as for Poser users, from what I've seen revealed so far.

I'm well aware of that, and my comment I intended to be directed to the CA's, those that make Poser compatible clothing, as a plea, if they're going to make long dresses, to please make them dynamic or hybrid, as those work somewhat satisfactory as dynamic or conforming.  Most of the male clothing I use is conforming, and as long as there aren't any real bends, they work fine, but if I want to turn James or one of the others into a blimp and put him in a business suit, I at least have the dynamic cloth to do that.  But long skirts are another thing completely, which is why I use almost 90% dynamic.  (Yeah, I like long skirts)

As I don't use ds, I'm not familiar with what features Dawn will have in her ds version, or if the autofit in ds handles more than just the g thing.  Therefore, I'm more looking out for what I will use than what I won't use.

Doric.

The "I" in Doric is Silent.