Forum: Freestuff

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

HiveWire3D opened this issue on Jun 19, 2013 · 4422 posts

Max_Terrible posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 2:18 AM

Quote - UserAliaTechnically you can do the same with Daz studio and the smoothing. No, its not dynamic and it won't drape with gravity. But I have set a cube under a chair and had a dress collide with it.  If i want the dress to collide with V4 AND the cube, then first I have the dress collide with V4, export the smoothed dress as an obj, import, then collide the obj with the chair.   There are various ways. 

Sometimes I have subbed out the lower part of a dress with a DS dynamic skirt/dress and made the top invisible. Takes a bit of work but DS has some ways to do things too :)

Maybe if anyone's interested I can give a mini tutorial on how I've used DS smoothing to convert clothing from very different figures (like slon, or cookie, for example!) to Genesis or V4 or a child. And how to simulate fake drapes with a bit of work.  Or sculpt it in even! :)

DS has means, I tell ya! 

I would very much like to see a tutorial like this. I don't know very much about Poser, but it always seems like it has ways to make almost any clothing item dynamic, and as far as I know, DAZ Studio doesn't, and that's a very big limitation and problem for me. 

I export my scenes to 3ds Max and do a lot other, extra work and render in there, and I always have to manually try to make the clothes look and fit better in the various poses. Having the clothes in at least some simple dynamic form before I export will make my life so much easier.