Forum: Freestuff

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

HiveWire3D opened this issue on Jun 19, 2013 · 4422 posts

PendraiaFaeCreations posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 6:00 PM

Quote - OK, so the Stalker girl shorts and LD Tank Top was more of a cheat.  (sorry, that was me too)  I just positioned it close, dropped a smoothing modifier on it, and wham-o, nice fit!  (...did I mention how much I love that smoothing modifier?)

For an extreme pose, that would not work...so, I looked into how to "create a clone", figuring if I had one, I could autofit.

Found this LINK in the forumarchive, and I got to work. 

As a result, it is possible to get a "decent" autofit of V4 clothes on Dawn in DS via autofit.  I loaded V4 and Dawn, and dialed in the closest possible match of V4 that I could, with Dawn's available settings.  Once done, I save this as a single morph, changed it to a Clone type and saved it off as a Clone morph asset.  (this is a one-time operation, easy to doco)

Now I load clothes for V4, and there is an autofit option for this clone from V4toDawn (that's what I named it).  This gets me about 75-80% of the way there...and the smoothing modifier finishes the job.  Morphs are still in the clothes (which I didn't expect), as an added benefit!

Just another reason that having a figure native to the application is a real benefit!

I did this quickly, and my feeling is that if someone takes their time to create a V4 morph for Dawn, it would vastly improve the autofit's first pass.  ("V4, A3, etc. Shapes" for Dawn would probably sell very well...hint, hint, content developers...but don't make it too expensive!)

If I am understanding this correctly it doesn't actually come with an autofit for V4 but you have created one for your own use? Can you clarify? thanks

Pen