Forum: Freestuff

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

HiveWire3D opened this issue on Jun 19, 2013 · 4422 posts

Ricdan posted Wed, 10 July 2013 at 6:43 PM

I just want to clear up my intent about my gripe about the legs. It wasn't to belittle the maker or to cause trouble.  I know these are MR's and I know how to adjust them in Photoshop I just wanted to get across to the makers of Dawn that IMHO the legs looked off. Yes I understand why it happens but from what I have been reading HiveWire want to to this better than what they did before and again in my opinion it needed to be said.

If HiveWire want to start off as they mean to carry one then things like this needs to be adressed. They said they were makng one set of SSS and one non SSS so I presumed this would have been sorted so the red can come from the SSS instead of us having to find a happy medium by changing the diffuse colour and SSS colour. Having a professional that has keener and more trained eyes to do this is more preferable to me than doing it myself. Yes I should have asked first but I was a little shocked to see it to be honest.

Or am I in a minority or just don't know enough yet? It is possible as I am fairly new still to all these advanced SSS shaders.