Forum: Freestuff

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

HiveWire3D opened this issue on Jun 19, 2013 · 4422 posts

westonmi posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 1:03 PM

Quote - Rawnrr , "The ways of applying morphs are different"

This is funny, is it doom and gloom day or? Are you sure the you rose with the right foot first from the bed today?

The way you CREATE the morphs are exactly similar with both programs. In your external modeler. You use the same morphs in Daz and Poser. APPLYING morphs take only a few seconds in either programs- big deal!

True that how you create morphs are the same...if you use an external modeler.  But there are some folks that make morphs using deformers or magnets.  So the methods can be different.

What Rawn means is that the method of saving a morph as a distributable file is different.  I haven't done any morphs in Poser for a long time and I doubt the saving process has changed much there.  In DS some steps are similar while others are very different.

Basic rundown on morphs in DS...

*bring in the morph using morph loader/morph loader pro - give it a name & do any reverse deformations needed.

*the morph is now listed in the parameters section - go into the morph settings to adjust settings, add thumbs & path settings (for example you creat an elf ear morph you would set the path to figure/head/ear/fantasy scifi).

*now you go to File>Save As>Support Asset>Morph Asset(s) - this saves the morph into the My Library/Content folder...you select the folder you want to save to, put in your vendor & product name.

Morphs not saved as a support asset will be saved in a scene so if you forget to save as a support asset but saved a scene with the morph you can go back to save it as a support asset at a later date.