Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: How best to import - export for a morph target.

Image-Edit opened this issue on Jul 29, 2013 · 12 posts

cfpage posted Wed, 31 July 2013 at 9:53 AM

Quote - cfpage - When I import a model from Poser into Blender, before I do anything else I hit S (for scale) and then either 2 or 4 (for 2x or 4x size).  That gives me a larger model to work on.  I do this in Object Mode.

Anything else I do in Edit Mode.

When I'm done I go back to Object Mode and hit Alt+S.  This removes any scaling applied in Object Mode so the model "snaps" back to its original size rather than being the 2x or 4x or whatever scaling I applied originally and is now back to the correct scale.  Then I can export and have no troubles.

Scaling in Object Mode vs scaling in Edit Mode isn't exactly the same.  In Object mode its sort of like a modifier that temporarily changes the size (which is why you can snap it back by using Alt+S).  Scaling in Edit Mode changes the vert location, Alt+S will NOT remove those changes.

So for example, if you imported Vicky 4 and scaled her up 4x in Object Mode.  Then in Edit Mode if you scaled her 2x again, she would now be 8x original size.  If you went back to Object Mode and hit Alt+S she would snap back, but would still be 2x normal size because the 2x you applied in Edit Mode would be unaffected.

Hope that was clear.  Once you get used to the difference in Modes its actually very handy because you can resize a model very large to work on and once you've finished making morphs or changes snap it back to orignal size for export.

Just tried it and it works thanks, (Alt+S) nice, its hard for me and Blender to get used to with all the shortcuts keys,thanks agian.