Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dawn is "Live"

basicwiz opened this issue on Aug 09, 2013 · 265 posts

meatSim posted Sat, 10 August 2013 at 8:43 PM

Quote - > Quote - She seems to have plenty of fans, so I won't be missed!

Not seeing them in THIS thread! Pretty lonely here. But what else is new.

That is the sad thing to me... it doesn't seem to matter what new figure comes out..  the sme or slightly modified cast of characters shows up to rip 'em a new one.  There are lots of valid concerns (the one that strikes home for me is the dig about her boardlike side profile.. kinda have to agree on that one) but really... A figure comes out with lots of polys and muscle cuts and you get complaints about being recklessly high poly... a figure comes out more modest in poly count but less mesh detail and the same people dig it for not having the muscle cuts.  Throw in advanced rigging into a figure and its too complex, but dont throw it in and your not 'taking advantage of the new features ...  honestly... i dont see anyone trying to convince people who arent interested to pick her up...  so why do the same people have to take the time to say again and agian that they arent into her?  to me it just seems like being mean. 

Its like if you turn a girl down honestly by saying your not attracted to her is fair enough.. but if you follow her around screaming fatty to all who will hear your just being dick

I guess it serves them right for trying to make a living at poser... but then again its the same with the free figures and community projects.. so i guess it serves them right (and I refer now to all the ones that came before) for even trying to offer soemthing... its just too bad really... but you gotta expect this unless you happen to be relaesing another half baked SM figure with a ton of potential but rushed and inadequate execution...

this is the toxic atmosphere more than anything that I think is drying up content creation

again... too bad