Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dawn is "Live"

basicwiz opened this issue on Aug 09, 2013 · 265 posts

AetherDream posted Sat, 10 August 2013 at 11:25 PM

Quote - > Quote - Dawn is the V5 that Poser users had hoped for and never saw. It's that simple. If Vicki is no big deal to you, then Dawn won't be either.

To me, This is a big deal. It's a figure that works inside of Poser that is finally going to get some real support.

If that's not what floats your boat, then there's no big deal.

I've got to say that I agree completely with what you've said here.

Like many other Poser users, I felt very let down by Daz when V5 was released.  DSON was a step in the right direction, but not really enough.  I'm one of those people who is fortunate in that DSON works reasonably well on my machine.  Emelie (from "The Odds") and Stalker Girl are two of my very favourite Poser morphs.  I've spent quite a lot of time (and money) working with Genesis - V5, S5, M5, F5, A5, H5 and a few other morphs, so I do feel that I've given it a good go and I do still use the content that I have.  What stopped me from buying more Genesis content was the lack of Poser support for many products.  Yes, I could install DS and convert them, but I'd rather spend the time making pictures than fiddling with technicalities.  I definitely wasn't prepared to give Genesis 2 a go, but if people like it then good luck to them - maybe its more suited to people new to the hobby.

My impressions of Dawn so far are mostly positive.  I'm impressed with the way the shoulder joints and armpits work.  I like the bending of the entire figure if it comes to that.

Most of all though, I like the fact that she works in both Poser and Daz Studio.

To those people that are doubting right now - why not download the figure whilst it's free, then hold off a while and see what morphs and clothing are released in the next month or so?  Personally, I didn't like V4 when she was first released, but as more products came out I changed my mind.

I really do hope that Dawn is a success.  Along with all of the other available figures, this is a great time for DS and Poser users because there has never been this much choice.

Final note:  Someone posted in the thread that there are no nipple morphs on Dawn.  They are there, you just have to inject the DawnStarter morphs.

Yes, Yes, over and over. For me this is the figure I had hoped to see when V5 came out. That never happened at the time and I moved on to other figures and kept working with my much beloved V4. I had some hopes for V6,  but quickly realized that the developers did not go in the direction I had hoped for Poser users. When I heard about Dawn it was like a fresh breeze blowing through the forums and over the community. She is by far the best character out of the box I have ever seen. I am hoping for advanced morphs, but have been able to make some nice renders without it. Like it was mentioned earlier, there is no harm in getting her. She is free, but I had a lot of fun shopping for her myself  on all the different sites. I love Renderosity for their support of this character. There were so many wonderful artists all over the communtiy who participated. What a great comming together this has been for artists. Beautiful work and an even more beautiful result in the way this project has brought people together. Bravo to Hivewire for making this happen.

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence