Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Making a new Female Base Model? Don't want to disappoint? Checklist.

Photopium opened this issue on Aug 11, 2013 · 494 posts

lmckenzie posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 2:25 PM

"Why shouldn't both markets be able to co-exist like in the real world where you can buy a VW or you can buy a Ferrari."

Depends on the prices for oil, gas, tires etc. I think a lot of people would buy a high-end figure if the associated content was no more expensive than what they're accustomed to. Probably not so many going to pay Ferrari prices for clothing etc, as well. If she could use everything existing I think she might be very successful.

I'm interested to see hoe Miss Sunshine will do. Until then, seems a bit premature to talk about YAVK (Yet Another Vickie Killer). If she falls flat, maybe it's time to see on the wall, the writing. Personally, I'v lost excitement for more generic everything figures. Maybe that's why I've gravitated to 'toons, they're usually distinctive. I think that is part of Miki's appeal as well. 

I understand the appeal of the super mesh concept but I guess I reached the age of nostalgia for simpler things. It seems like everyone wants to make another Avatar and not som much the smaller character driven independent films so to speak. I'm not sure I wouldn't rather have two or three unique figures than one to conquer them all, but I do not a market make. I do like the Generation 3 figures thiugh and I think that is a sweet spot in terms of mesh load. Protea for $100-120 vs. a good Aiko Asian/anime type, an older female, and a teen/girl or maybe a good African type at $40 each, maybe I'm just contrary - probably am :-)

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken