Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Making a new Female Base Model? Don't want to disappoint? Checklist.

Photopium opened this issue on Aug 11, 2013 · 494 posts

Winterclaw posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 8:10 PM

Quote - @ Winterclaw.
Whenever the words "company"  or "money" get involved, you might as well stop there.
Money and company are the best ways to destroy :
*** "Passion for quality". and replace it with "Least amount of work for the most income."***

I disagree.  I think you can have a company that produces quality.  Once a company realizes there is money to be made in producing valuable and desirable things, they'll make the item if they can get a profit out of it.  The best examples I can think of is a rolex or italian sports cars (supposedly gulfsteams too).  Even on the lower end scale, Five Guys produces better burgers than a McDonalds or Burger King.  Or look at Magic the Gathering, a bit of money is involved in playing cards but there are a lot of people who are passionate there making that game (same can't be said for the DnD division).

Don't get me wrong, I think you can see good things for cheap or overpriced crap, but I don't think money necessarily has to destroy passion or quality.  Sure you've got companies like EA that suck the soul out of everything they touch, but I think that was more a conscious decision on their part.

Hobbies are great, but a man's got to eat.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)