Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Making a new Female Base Model? Don't want to disappoint? Checklist.

Photopium opened this issue on Aug 11, 2013 · 494 posts

EClark1894 posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 10:08 PM

Quote - In a Post-Dawn world, what will tomorrow's figure need to include to really make an impact and stand out from the sea of attempts that already exist?

People are going to find problems with almost all of those points,  William, no matter how good you think they are.

1.  Articulated Genitalia built-in, not a seperate prop or a lame indentation.  Intricate and realistic from near or afar.

This just isn't for everybody. Either a seperate prop us needed, or someway to turn the genitalia on or off.  I never model a male's clothing with the Gentalia attached, but I do think there should be a "package/bump" in the crotch area. I never did like how Apollo's genitalia had to be made invisible which left a big hole in his crotch area.

As for women's genitalia, if you really want it to be articulated/realistic maybe someone would be willing to make a second more expensive version for people who need this sort of detail.

2.  Realistic joints that take advantage of every possible technology to make bending realistic at all times.  Weight maps?  Sure!  JCM corrections?  If need be!  Magnets?  If the other methods fail, and this helps, throw 'em in there.

All well and good, but mostly depends on the technology used and the skill of the rigger. You're never going to please everybody.

3.  Morphable face and body.  Do not make the default muscular, emaciated, fat...just genercially shapely and proportionate and keep the sharp chiseled features out of the face.  Recent default character faces look like the eye/brow/bridge connections were created with boolean cut outs they are so angular and sharp!  Gonna take some powerful morphs to get rid of that stuff without screwing up eyelids etc.

Once again, a matter of individual taste and preference. You're not going to please everyone.

**4.  Morphs.  All of 'em.  Launch with all of them. **

That's going to be a real memory hog. If I recall correctly, reducing memory usage was the main reason DAZ made a seperate morph package in the first place.

5.  Breasts.  Every third party attempt at the breast area disappoints, always.  Boxy, centered in the wrong place, morphs look floaty and are unrealistic at the top and bottom.  Looks like man breasts that got inflated.

You don't like the original and you don't like the attempts to fix them. Kind of speaks for it self don't it?