Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Making a new Female Base Model? Don't want to disappoint? Checklist.

Photopium opened this issue on Aug 11, 2013 ยท 494 posts

smallspace posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 1:51 AM

Honestly, the perfect Poser/DAZ Studio figure would require some software other than Poser/DAZ Studio. It would work on a completely different method of creating poseable figures.

It would probably be one that doesn't treat figures as hollow shells to be stretched, scaled and twisted. It would be one where you build the figure in the program rather than importing it from another program. It would be one that uses real scalable bones that rotate and are covered with scalable muscles that stretch and connect to the bones. Over the top of that would be fat that can be scupted be the user. The whole thing would be covered by stretchy skin that adheres to the stretchy layer of fat and "semi-floats" over the top of everything else. Oh, and there would be self-collision everywhere so the squishy parts can properly squish into each other. Materials would all be procedurals rather than bit maps.

In other words, it would be capable of making a real virtual figure. (how's that for an oxymoron!)

Alas, if such a program actually does exist, it's probably one only God can afford...

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!