Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Making a new Female Base Model? Don't want to disappoint? Checklist.

Photopium opened this issue on Aug 11, 2013 · 494 posts

AetherDream posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 4:33 PM

Quote - > Quote - This also pretty much makes the argument about "protecting children in schools from looking at naught bits" invalid due to the extreme push across the US and Canada, (and very likely many of the European countries), for more sex education in schools, starting as young as 1st grade. Much to the objection of many parents across the country of course, but that doesn't matter because parents don't have much of a say in it anymore (unless you can afford private schools), as governments and school boards are making more sex education mandatory and will continue to do so. Objecting to it for personal and/or religious beliefs/preferences/hang-ups won't make it go away.

Sorry, but that;s not quite right, especially in the US. Even here in Caliornia, one of the most liberal states in the country sex related stuff requires paperwork and parental consent. Not because of shame, but because it increase liability by increasing possibility of things going haywire, and some 'adult' misusing it on the children, or on coworkers, creating a sexually abusive situation with a minor, or sexual harrasement problems with a coworker. (I know this close to first hand, my husband is a middle school teacher, and my stepdaughter and her mom are elementary school teachers)

Even art classes where you are studying human anatomy, figure drawing can't be done in nude untill students are over 18.

My understanding is that Hivewire guys didn't want to risk dealing with any business relating liabilities arising from these situations. If I was starting a business, I would likely do the same. Not because of being ashamed of sex or natural anatomy, but because I can't aford risking a potential lawsuit and losing my house or livelihood over it.

Heck, when I was doing architectural visualization, I couldn't even look at useful content at work, because there were so many skimpy outfits and barely covered boobs in the marketplaces across poserdom, that most of it would get me in trouble with 'preventing sexual harrasement in the workplace' manuals.

Hivewire guys made their choice regarding what markets to cater to, and which markets not to cater to. Repeatedly bellyaching about it and knocking it down is not going to help.

As for medical illustration argument, Chris Creek the creator of Dawn is a medical illustrator in his non-3D life. That's what prompted him to found DAZ and Zygote waaay back when. I'm sure he knows hundred times more about that business then Poser forum armchair quarterbacks.

I mean, seriously, if you need a mimic ready VeeJay, Dawn is not your figure, big deal, they already said Dawn is not going to be everything to everynoe. Use another figure. Especially for nudes, you don't have to worry about clothing support. I just donlt see any point of going on about it ad infinitum.

As a former teacher, I can say you are absolutely spot on, 100% right about this. 

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence