Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Making a new Female Base Model? Don't want to disappoint? Checklist.

Photopium opened this issue on Aug 11, 2013 ยท 494 posts

JoePublic posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 4:59 PM

Plan "B" could be to (once again) re-work Vicky 4 and Mike 4.

Yes, I know there is already a nicely weightmapped V4, but the rigging was modified in a way that makes cloth conversion cumbersome.

(This was partly caused due to legal issues)

As the latest DAZ Eula allows encoded redistribution, we could bring V4, M4 and K4 up to the latest "Poser tech" standard without breaking cloth compatibility.

I prefer the 3rd Gen mesh, but the 4th gen mesh is pretty nice, too, and it already is all-quads and comes with several LOD low res versions.

The default could be a new photorealistic sculpt for both V4 and M4, while the original shapes are kept available as morphs for on the fly cloth conversion a-la Genesis.

So merchants could sell new clothes made for the "new" sculpt but Poser users could still make use of their huge V4 investment.

Actually, I'd say this plan could be the most successful one as it would have the broadest appeal to everyone.

This "Poser 10/PP-2014" "V4" would look completely different and "new", yet be backwards compatible with most V4 content as it re-uses the original mesh and joint centers while making use of animateable joint centers for the "new shape".

Same for M4 and K4, of course.

Just thinking out loud here.