Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Making a new Female Base Model? Don't want to disappoint? Checklist.

Photopium opened this issue on Aug 11, 2013 · 494 posts

meatSim posted Tue, 13 August 2013 at 12:56 AM

1.  Could not care less, though it wouldn't detract from the figure for me.

2. Realistic joints.. Great!  as realistic as possible... without making things more difficult for content creators.  Very Good and simple is better than perfect and complex.  If the improvement gained warrants it then great, but there is no point in adding things 'just' to make your figure 'fancy' or advanced.  Content creation friendly MUST be the guiding principle behind joints.  I think dawn struck a pretty good balance on the joint thing.. She bends better than anything since antonia and is as simple to rig for as anything I've ever worked with.

3. dont have much to say on this.. as far as morphs go I'm a dial spinner.. Needs to be able to pull off varied ethnicities though.. thats for sure

4.  Just not realistic.. sorry.  I'm not one thats convinced that people will pay for quality.. some will... but you need volume to make a go of it and you dont get that by throwing everything into a pricey base figure.  I will say it would be good to launch a morphs++ equivalent along side the base figure.   Also Alyson and Ryan launched with more morphs than you could shake a stick at.. where did that get them

5. Again.. not a huge factor for me.  Some movement with arms would be good and a generally realistic shape.  Some options for size and shape is about all I need in a base figure  (more in depth could be part of a ++ package)

Reality though... you can tick as many boxes as you want.. anyone releasing anything of decent quality should expect to have it ripped apart and clawed down.  The community is too full of too many people who take too much satisfaction out of pretending they could do better without actually being willing to do it.  If more than a few people say they like something the community feels obliged to tell them they shouldn't.

Back on topic though.. figure success hangs on content.  Make it easy to create, easy to convert and easy to use.

Quote - In a Post-Dawn world, what will tomorrow's figure need to include to really make an impact and stand out from the sea of attempts that already exist?

1.  Articulated Genitalia built-in, not a seperate prop or a lame indentation.  Intricate and realistic from near or afar.

2.  Realistic joints that take advantage of every possible technology to make bending realistic at all times.  Weight maps?  Sure!  JCM corrections?  If need be!  Magnets?  If the other methods fail, and this helps, throw 'em in there.

3.  Morphable face and body.  Do not make the default muscular, emaciated, fat...just genercially shapely and proportionate and keep the sharp chiseled features out of the face.  Recent default character faces look like the eye/brow/bridge connections were created with boolean cut outs they are so angular and sharp!  Gonna take some powerful morphs to get rid of that stuff without screwing up eyelids etc.

4.  Morphs.  All of 'em.  Launch with all of them. 

5.  Breasts.  Every third party attempt at the breast area disappoints, always.  Boxy, centered in the wrong place, morphs look floaty and are unrealistic at the top and bottom.  Looks like man breasts that got inflated.

That's enough to get started, there are more.