Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Making a new Female Base Model? Don't want to disappoint? Checklist.

Photopium opened this issue on Aug 11, 2013 · 494 posts

lmckenzie posted Tue, 13 August 2013 at 1:31 AM

That’ll teach me to refresh the thread before posting. I come back to find that an extended knife fight broke out while I was composing my gems of wisdom, oh well.

There probably won’t be another figure with the reach that V4 had. The market’s simply too fragmented, not just between DS and Poser but between Poser 9+ and the older versions that I suspect a fair number of people still use, not to mention other rendering apps. The rather lackluster performance of virtually every contender to come down the pike makes me question the need, as opposed to the want. Nevertheless, people will continue to run new flags up the pole to see who salutes so God bless ’em. It may actually take a new application with some new approach to inject some life into things. I really have no idea whether the market is actually growing to any significant degree or merely holding place. At any rate, I don’t see that happening so we’re pretty much stuck with the status quo. As someone said about South Carolina on the eve of the Civil War, ‘Too small for a country and too big for an insane asylum.’

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken