Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Making a new Female Base Model? Don't want to disappoint? Checklist.

Photopium opened this issue on Aug 11, 2013 · 494 posts

erogenesis posted Tue, 13 August 2013 at 8:58 PM

Quote - As with all in life. As soon as money gets involved it is doomed.

you might actually be right there. I have noticed that money is kindof taking over in certain areas of the 3D art scene, I don't have a solid example but its a feeling I've been getting.

It sometimes feels like the whole point of 3D art is getting obscured with all these bits and pieces, and these hypes have completely nothing to do with art, it seems. To me the whole point is, well, art. Making a beautiful scene for in a comic, or a nice pinup for people to marvel at. Lately its all merchandise merchandise merchandise merchandise merchandise and no real central goal or theme. people just slap together all their recently purchased content, apply a downloaded pose (don't even bother to pose it themselves), render it, and then call it art???

That's why I praise the software much more than the figures nowadays. The figures aren't really changing, even Dawn is just the same old thing, the content is just pointless at times, but its the software like DS and Poser that is really making advances of USE!

Its like Rembrandt and van Gogh making their own paint, using paintbrushes and oils and knives and other tools. You don't see them buying a set color "pastel salmon pink" for that ONE stroke in the upperleft corner of the Nacht Wacht behind the dude with a sword. No they mix the paint themselves because they have their own idea of what they want, not what the shop gives them. Its so much more original, and fresh. Imagine looking at the Mona Lisa and saying: hey, that's Pete001's smile and RenderKing's dress, I bought that yesterday. Aaahh. Come on!!!

That's also why I rarely use other people's content and just make my own. I don't want people to go, hey that's such-and-such's product in the middle of reading my comic.

So that is also my motivation for making a figure, making her versatile out of the box, almost to the point that you cannot recognise her, and making her immediately useful in the software.

"The fool is not the one that does something foolish, but the one that does nothing at all."