Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Detailed genitalia in a 3D figure. Express your concerns here

erogenesis opened this issue on Aug 14, 2013 · 71 posts

JoePublic posted Wed, 14 August 2013 at 7:53 PM

While a super detailed integrated genital can be smoothed out easily, I rather solved the problem for myself with transmapped morphable genital props.

For the men, I turned the conforming genital figure into a prop and added that prop permanently to the figure as an additional bodypart.

Movement is supplied via morphs and if I don't need the genital, I simply make it invisible. As the pubic area is transmapped, I need no separate genital hip as the prop blends seamlessly with the original hip. There is also no hole in the hip, so if the prop is invisible, the figure looks just like a standard DAZ figure without conforming genital attached.

For the ladys I use the same principle, except that the outer parts are sculpted directly from the hip mesh, so no need for cumbersome texture matching.

The inner parts are transmapped so that they blend with the hip. They are very detailed and morphable. I also use the pubic hair mesh layer with a special transmap to tint the "inside" more pink to add realism. This makes it easy to work with unmodified skin textures.

I find it much easier to morph the "outer bits" separately from the "pink bits" and it also reduces RAM as morphs are either in the hip or in the genital instead of a very high res combined hip/genital bodypart.

Again, the genital bodypart can easily be set invisible and the hip either set to a simple "artistic" genital crease or all genital sculpting zeroed completely so the figure has the neutral "Barbie-Doll" look.

Another advantage is that I don't loose the original sculpting morphs for the hip or that I have to support two different hip meshes, but this of course doesn't matter with an original mesh that is built from scratch.