Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What would be an art webinar worth paying for?

andolaurina opened this issue on Aug 14, 2013 · 32 posts

lmckenzie posted Thu, 15 August 2013 at 5:47 PM

I don’t care for video training in general, just not my preferred learning mode. I have watched several the geekatplay’s free offerings and they are pretty nice. If I were going to purchase anything, the fact that they have a lot of free content would make me gravitate towards them. Having enough free samples to give people an idea of what to expect would be good. In fact, it might be worth investing in actually producing something at this point to show what you can do and generate interest, even if it’s a 30 minute thing. Vue and Poser seem to be popular, at least here, so a scene combining thise would be good.

Live? LoL, I have a hard enough time going back and forth to catch things on a recording so definitely downloads.. There are plenty of tutorials out there on doing specific things or creating a particular scene in this or that program. I’d be more interested in more general things like creating a specific mood, lighting, etc. character interaction with the setting, camera angles etc. Those can apply across a range of software. Things like Birn’s Digital Lighting and Rendering, which isn’t application specific at all. Maybe giving some specific examples of titles might get a more accurate feedback on people’s interest. – the more detailed and specific the better.

Having downloadable content to go with the training is always nice, something that geekatplay does. That may be easier with Vue and some other programs like Poser where things like figures and clothing can’t for the most part be redistributed.

I would think hosted Q&A where they can select questions and be prepared to answer them in a logical way. Live may be OK for general stuff but I’m not sure about one person asking about this dial setting, another about something else etc. Seems like it might get a bit chaotic.

The price seems high but it may be in line, TBH, I haven’t even looked at what geekatplay charges for their paid tutorials. It may be worth it but for that price you can get one or mayve even two books

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken