Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Making a new Female Base Model? Don't want to disappoint? Checklist.

Photopium opened this issue on Aug 11, 2013 · 494 posts

erogenesis posted Fri, 16 August 2013 at 2:55 PM

Quote - Start marketing it when it's much closer to being done, Poserdom has the attentin span of a gold fish... Look at the reactions about Dawn, or any other figure. It gets out , two days later people are complayining that it doesn't have clothing and morph support of a figure that has been out nearly 10 years.

I'm not entirely marketing, I'm fishing for people's opinions, both technical and moral. I've learned a lot already.

Quote - Thats in part of why I mentioned that I doubt you have skills to make it happen. There is Much more to making a figure then just modeling. You haven;t even stated, and you already have a controversy on your hands.

I'll take my chances

Quote - Product don't hit mainstream by getting embattled in controversies. All this time and energy over the past week, you could have been getting technical feedback, instead, due to people;s reactions, things are getting derailed left and right. If you want to successd, you need to learn how to keep your project from getting derailed into irrelevant things. On one hand you say genitals are not that relevant, three minutes, you are talking about them like it's the most important thing on a figure. You're sending a LOT of mixed messages out to people.

well I think its not that bad, most people here are not causing a fuss here. Like I said, I've learnt a bunch from this thread already! And the other too. the time I've invested in this was definitely worth it. But the discussion about gens is also wearing me out. Its really not such a big deal, but certain things had to be gotten out of the way... because it was kindof a lingering deal. And its my responsibility to know about the issues involved, technically and morally.

Quote - Attracting attention with a specialized product in a specialized marketplace, like rotica is very different from attracting Poserdom mainstream. Surrounding yourself with friends who are goign to call mainstream prudes and other negativities is certainly not a winning formula.

That's their choice. I have always been quite outspoken about DAZ and Poser and zBrush and certain figures being a pile of **** (like V4)and it hasn't hurt me, at least not that I can see. I think that most people will think for themselves and look at the quality and results, rather than anyone's ranting. 

We'll see. My primary concern is comics, as was the motivation behind lali's bits. That is sold so well was an unexpected bonus.

"The fool is not the one that does something foolish, but the one that does nothing at all."