Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Making a new Female Base Model? Don't want to disappoint? Checklist.

Photopium opened this issue on Aug 11, 2013 · 494 posts

Netherworks posted Fri, 16 August 2013 at 4:13 PM

OT perhaps, but my person opinion is that subjects and subject matter can be sexy without it always having to be in your face.  A woman showing off her shoulder with a loosened strap and a "come hither" glance can convey sexy quite well.

Apart from the erotica aspect of it, I'm very indifferent about whether or not a 3d model includes genitals.  Not against, just indifferent.  In my mind I already am suspending that it doesn't otherwise have internal organs and other things that would make it human, nor it is real to start with.

I am more concerned (and perhaps this is more on topic with your original post) that things are technically correct in the character file and the object is at least fairly human shaped.  Whether it borders on a stylized or realistic look is irrelevent to me because if I want a different look, I am inclined to craft that look.  I mean, that's what I think Poser is all about, past the "posing" part.  It's not about what I want to "fix" concerning a figure's appearance but more about my opinons of attractiveness that I want to project onto it.

Beyond that, even if the figure is far less than human looking, there's still hope because it's all clay to me.  Probably the best example I can think of is Blackhearted's Anastasia.  No offense to the original figure but Alyson is an example of a figure that in a base state is far removed from human looking by just about anyone's standards.