Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Making a new Female Base Model? Don't want to disappoint? Checklist.

Photopium opened this issue on Aug 11, 2013 · 494 posts

erogenesis posted Sun, 18 August 2013 at 7:53 AM

Quote -
I think that's probably an advantage. That you're making the figure that you want and need for your projects and should be useful to other people too who'll buy her. But if for some weird reason she doesn't sell or that part doesn't work out then you still have the figure you want to use. That seems better than just making a figure for sale and hoping she sells! ;)

I'm just a wee tad hesitant to mention dates or make promises because this is the first time I've done it. But I will make it, and I will use it... and 99% it will hit the stores, eventually, I first wanna make sure it works properly. When it comes to Lali's Bits, I was one lucky SOB, because it worked fairly well out of the box and I received nothing else but positive critiques. The few that run into trouble were enough to keep me occupied for months until we found the solution.

I wanna avoid that at all costs and make sure that Project E works solidly, out-of-the-box, and give people hopefully very little reason to complain (like what's happening to Dawn). Because I really really really really really really wanna get on with comics. Luckily I have already made deals with my contacts about customer service to take part of the load off my shoulders.

Yes it is already in motion ;)

In the meanwhile I've been doing some homework, mainly re-reading the Poser manual for example (doh). I keep on forgetting how many amazing tools the software comes with. I think I might have found a solution for the V4 compatibility without getting into trouble with DAZ, but I first need to make a few calls into the direction of the big boys and girls in Poser world. If this works, I'm going to have to keep it secret before others hijack the idea before the release of Project E. Thereafter it doesn't matter.

"The fool is not the one that does something foolish, but the one that does nothing at all."