Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Making a new Female Base Model? Don't want to disappoint? Checklist.

Photopium opened this issue on Aug 11, 2013 · 494 posts

lmckenzie posted Sun, 18 August 2013 at 12:36 PM

New studies out linking induced labor to increased risk of autism so give her broad hips. I'm sure the obstetrical issue has been dealt with by Zygote. Probably with a specialized model. You'd probably need a Poser neonate scaled appropriately. Trying to the the P4 infant or the Mil Baby out of there would give a new meaning to mesh splitting. I don't know if the uterus etc. tucked inside one of the models (ZWoman?) was an 'inside' joke or something that came with the figure she was based on. Obviously, you don't need that level of detail except perhaps for the C Section scenario. OTOH, one lacking feature in other efforts has been the non provision of anything more than a void, which isn't realistic. 

There's been the rare (very rare) suggestion of providing internal anatomy, though beyond a brain and a heart, I haven't seen any - you could do a really offbeat Wizard of Oz with those I suppose. Zygote just sent me an ad for their 3D Atlas app, though I didn't check the price. Generally, you're going to pay very big bucks for anatomical models. I would think there's be some market for a low cost solution ala Poser. You can use 2D overlays but having 3D organs would be much better. They do have muscle maks and skeletons so it doesn't seem totally outrageous. Of course, there'd be a secondary (perhaps larger) market amongst the grue fans I imagine.

In terms of breasts, and body parts in general, what happened to the new soft body thing? I saw a couple of posts and then silence. It's rare for an exciting (I would think) new feature to get so little attention. I don't know how easy or possible it would be to set thost effects up and distribute them with a figure but they would be a selling point for folks with the latest version of Poser.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken