Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Making a new Female Base Model? Don't want to disappoint? Checklist.

Photopium opened this issue on Aug 11, 2013 · 494 posts

lmckenzie posted Sun, 18 August 2013 at 5:23 PM

I wouldn’t seriously expect anyone to do any type of realistic internal anatomy. Trans maps would be the easiest way to expose it. Getting into sections or retracting/resecting things, depicting internal musculature, layers of fat etc. is, Zygote territory. I’m not even sure what the market would be and it would probably be used more for the occasional explicit autopsy or surgery scene (i.e. extremely rare) or the kinds of things that would appeal to decap fans.. I don’t care for the latter, even Grimm’s fairy tales in their unoriginal versions are too gruesome for me. Still as popular as the Coed Chainsaw Massacre genre in film seems to be, I’m sure there are Poserites who might appreciate it. 

On the more ‘legitimate’ side, I guess I’ve mused about some 3rd world school scenario, but if they even have computers, they may be able to pirate Zygote’s models or Zygote might make them available to such deserving institutions. Maybe there are a few home schoolers who might like to tailor their kid’s biology education in a way consistent with their own values, though I’m reaching there, and ironically, a figure characterized as something else would be the last place they’d look. OTOH, a figure with such features would make it unique and an overall focus on anatomy might diffuse the focus on any particular anatomical system. On the whole though I think it falls under the heading of it would be neat and possibly useful to a few if it were done really well, but I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for the rush.

But hey, I see that the old Visible Woman kit from childhood is still around so maybe E with smart propped entrails might have some interest after all ÷)

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken