Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: How do I get an object to become a light?

Michaelab opened this issue on Aug 30, 2013 · 7 posts

aRtBee posted Fri, 30 August 2013 at 2:22 PM

I mainly intended to say: use the Ambient Color, and don't leave it black. The cyan itself is fine, for the moment, even without any nodes attached. Attaching nodes should be done with care, and please do use the ones you understand. An image map for instance, the bright areas will then glow and the dark ones will not, in the colors you like (multiplied by cyan in this case). Perhaps the info now plugged into Transparency can be connected to Ambient Color, or inverted first, depending on whether you want the transparent or opaque areas to glow. Just an idea.

And...when Ambient Value =1 does not produces enough light, you need to "pump up the volume". Some situations need values over 20, or more... Just try.

(The reflect node will reflect objects from the environment. This requires such objects to be available in your scene, and you should want that in your result. If no objects are around then this node produces a mild grey, just darkening the cyan. In real life, I'm not very familiar with lights which reflect their environment, to say the least).

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though