Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Possible Poser 10/PP2014 Bugs - Post here so they are seen

basicwiz opened this issue on Jun 06, 2013 ยท 258 posts

svdl posted Sat, 07 September 2013 at 12:29 PM

Interesting one here.

Installed Poser Pro 2014, including SR2, on my main workstation: i7-3770, 32 GB RAM, ATI 7770 graphics, Win7 Pro with all the updates. It also has Poser Pro 2010 installed.

Built a scene using Transpond's Darklord Realm, 2 V4s with (sort of) outfits. Tweaked the materials a bit in the shader room, used a low level IBL light for ambient, an infinite for speculars, and a point light to emulate a magic glow on the tip of a staff. Set up a simple atmosphere (just turbulence plugged into the strength channel).

Rendering using raytracing 1 bounce, SSS, irradiance caching 32, indirect light 3, pixel samples 3 and shading rate 0.5: render hangs almost immediately.

Rendering the same scene on my other workstation (i5, 16 GB RAM, nVidia 9800GTX+, Win7 Pro with all the updates) and exactly the same Poser setup works. Slow, but it renders.

Rendering the same scene using the same settings on the i7 in Poser Pro 2010 works.

Any idea what I can do? I bought that i7 rig for rendering, I'm feeling cheated right now.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff