Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 9 for $29.99 from SM

WandW opened this issue on Sep 10, 2013 · 29 posts

TrekkieGrrrl posted Wed, 11 September 2013 at 8:24 AM

When you install Poser, use the option at the bottom. Something like "for older version of Poser" - I cant' remember the actual wording. Thing is, that will completely rid you from any UAC issues with Vista/Win7. It makes a P4 style installation with a normal runtime to put things into. From thereon you can make / link to as many runtimes as you like. 

My own installation is a mess L 90 of my stuff is in a (formerly) PBooost'ed Poser 4 runtime, then there's a few things in Poser 5, 6 and 7. More in 8. Quite a bit in PP2010 and 2012 and all the new stuff is in the PP2014 runtime. Makes me VERY happy for the (excellent) search option in Poser. Yesterday I wanted my "Trekkie's Reflective Floor" I made once - I think in Poser 6. So I asked Poser to look in Materials for something called "Trekkie" - and a few moments later, there it was, ready to click :) As long as you can remember even parts of the name of something, the search function is really good.

Another great thing is that you can make collections. Like shortcuts to your most used content. Put Dawn and V4 int hat and they're there together even if they physically resides in two different runtimes on the computer.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.